The collection of relief items for refugees in Kastelli exceeded the expectations of the organisers, even from the first day according to local reports.
In total, 197 containers of items were collected, including:
- 25 boxes with items of personal hygiene : baby wipes, tissues, toilet paper, baby diapers, razors, towels, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoos, shower gels, soap, bottle.
- 25 boxes of pasta: spaghetti, macaroni, penne, pasta, tortellini, noodles.
- 35 boxes with Ida cereal – biscuits : biscuits, cookies, toast, nuts, sokofretes, croissants.
- 23 boxes for babies and children: milk, baby creams, bottles.
- 4 boxes with legumes: lentils, chickpeas, beans.
- 2 boxes of juices.
- 1 palette with bottled water.
- 9 boxes with long foods: canned, flour, sugar.
- 30 liters of olive oil.
- 10 liters of sunflower oil.
- 3 boxes of plastic: plates, cups, spoons, forks, garbage bags, food containers.
- 100 waterproof disposable.
- 25 boxes of clothing, raincoats and games.
- 25 large bags with bedding: blankets, sheets, towels.
“the organizers sincerely thank all our fellow citizens who responded to the call for collection of humanitarian aid for refugees who find themselves away from their homelands.”
“our local community has shown solidarity by placing the human being as the central value in a society which finds itself in economic, social, and political crisis.”
The organisers were the Metropolis of Kissamos & Selino , the Union of Cultural District Agencies Kissamos , the Association of Masters & Miss Kastelli “Social Welfare “, the Association Kaloudiana Women “The Annunciation” and the Association of Masters & Miss St. Anthony , in cooperation with the House volunteer Samaritans Rescue Lifeguards & TT Red Cross Kissamos.
Source: Neoi Orizontes