Tonight, Friday 28th May, there will be events held in Kissamos to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.
Location A: Kallergiana Junction (map link), 19:30
Memorial for the fallen
- Memorial service
- Prayer for the fallen
- Laying of wreaths
- Greek National Anthem performed by the Philarmonic Choir of Kissamos
- Participation from the Cretan Chapter of the Organisation of Historic Vehicles.
B location: Eirinaos Galanakis Square (in front of the Dimos building), 21:00
- Address and greetings from the Mayor of Kissamos
- Speech from historical researcher and author Dimitrio Nikolakaki: The Kissamos Municipality in the Battle of Crete “Pages of Glory” including known and little known details.
- Presentation of photos and videos