Announced on Saturday March 13th, the municipality of Chania is now classified as “deep red” meaning that extra restrictions apply. Other municipalities that are classifed as deep red are the Municipality of Anogia and the whole region of Heraklion.
Municipalities that remain at the “red” level (as before) include the municipalities of Platanias, Kissamos, Apokoronas, Kantanos – Selinos, Sfakion Gavdou, the region of Rethymno (except the Municipality of Anogia) and the region of Lassithi.
What this means:
For the municipality of Chania, the following extra restrictions apply (below).
Note that the restrictions in Kissamos municipality stay the same as before 13th March, except that schools at all levels are now closed again and operating by distance learning.
For CHANIA Municipality
From 14th March for the next 10 days the following measures are valid only in the Municipality of Chania:
• All retail stores are closed (no click away or click inside)
• Hairdressers and beauticians are closed
• Schools of all levels operate with distance learning for two weeks
• Nurseries are closed
• Religious services are allowed to be performed exclusively by religious ministers and the necessary support staff without the presence of other people. There is an exception for funerals, where the presence of up to nine people is allowed.
• Traffic Prohibition (curfew) in operation daily from 7pm to 5am.
Supermarkets and other food stores will close one hour before the start of the curfew. At the same time, the ban on the sale of durable goods by supermarkets applies again.