The sport organisation “Anemos Chania”, the Peripheral Unit of Chania, the Municipality of Chania, under the auspices of EOMOP, will organize various running & swimming races this August as part of the Chania Aquathlon and Swim.
Registration form: https://forms.gle/vc4ueUHRATZ6QH5DA
“CHANIA SWIM 2020” – Saturday, August 29, 2020
• start time 18.00
• children’s start time 19.00
• Race location: Chrisi Akti
“CHANIA AQUATHLON 2020” – Sunday 30 August 2020
• start time 9.00,
• children’s start time 10.30
• Race location: Chrisi Akti
• Swimming: 750m. in the bay of Chrisi Akti. Running: 5km on sand and trails
• Swimming: 1,500m. in the bay of Chrisi Akti. Running: 10km on sand and trails
• 100m swimming, 500m running
• 50m swimming, 250m running
Completion of online registration by 24.8.2020, 12.00
Completion of in person registration: two hours before the race start
Race check in & number collection:
In the starting area from one hour to 45 minutes before the race.
TECHNICAL MEETING OF ATHLETES – SESSIONS: Instructions for conducting the race will be given 15 minutes before the start. Attendance is MANDATORY for all athletes.
The age categories will be defined depending on the entries, provided that there are at least 6 athletes in each category.
• Relay races: the relay race is held with two of the same sex or mixed team. There will be a category regardless of gender or age.
RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE-REGISTRATION: Athletes who are in perfect physical and mental condition have the right to participate in the race. Mandatory to complete and sign the necessary documents (Declaration of Participation – Responsible Declaration). For participants under 18 years of age, a Responsible Declaration from a parent or guardian is required. Registrations are made electronically and at the race secretariat. Participation in the race will not be possible without the presentation of the responsible statement that the athletes have been examined by a doctor and have not shown symptoms of Covid-19.
FACILITIES: For the race the individual registration and the team registration include the following for each athlete:
• souvenir t-shirt (aquathlon)
• participation diploma
PRIZES: The first winners will be given handmade prizes
• 30 € for the athletes who will participate in the two competitions (15 € for the children)
• 20 € for the athletes who will participate only in one (10 € for the children)
NOTE: The organizing committee has the sole responsibility for modifying this program. For any change there will be timely information of the athletes. Athletes are required to attend the Technical Meeting before the race and then to respect the instructions they will receive. All those who wish to take part in the race must have been examined by a doctor and will sign a responsible statement that they will compete at their own risk. There will be a Doctor attending the event.