The Greek government has announced stricter measures to general circulation in the country in the effort against the Corona virus pandemic, forcing all people to stay at home except in a few specific cases. The new measures will be in effect from tomorrow morning, Monday 23rd March, 6am.
You are only allowed to go out for:
- going to a pharmacy or doctor
- going to the super-market if you can’t get home delivery
- going to the bank if the transaction can’t be done online
- helping people in need
- going to a ceremony following previous regulations, and children visiting parents
- exercise outdoor or walking pets, maximum 2 people at a time with a minimum distance of 1.5m between each other
- going to work
To go out, you need to have an ID/passport with you and fill in a form to take with you, or send an SMS (free of charge) to 13033.
The SMS will have to take the form of N (Reason number between 1-6) (space) Full name and Address.
The form, which can be also handwritten, has to be prepared new every time you need to go out and has to show:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Date and Time
- Reason to go out
You can find the forms and more information on the official website: