The Musical Ensemble of Chania, in the effort to promote Greek musical culture and to keep historical memory alive, presents a musical and theatrical tribute to “Lost Homes” on Friday, July 14 at 21:30 at the East Temple Theater.
WHEN: 14th July 21.30
WHERE: Eastern Moat Theatre (Theatro Anatolikis Tafrou), Chania. For map click here.
Tickets: € 12, pre-sale – and special categories (unemployed, students, disabled, etc.) € 10 ,-
Tickets pre-sale: Municipal Market and La-Si-Do Studio (Kriari 13)
You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the works of leading Greek composers and lyricists. During the event, Despina Drakaki will be honored by the musical ensemble for her successful long-term contribution to musical events, as a soprano, pianist and music teacher.
The program includes a dramatic presentation of the projects:
• “Pouliaki” in music by Mikis Theodorakis and lyrics by Michalis Ganas
• “Asia Minor” , music by Apostolos Kaldaras and verses Pythagoras
• “Byzantine Vesperinos” (4 songs), music by Apostolos Kaldaras and lyrics by Lefteris Papadopoulos and
• “Rembetiko”, music by Stavros Xarchakos and lyrics by Nikos Gatsos.
Directed by: Maria Lekaki
Sets: Konstantinos Levakis
Foreword: Love Moudridakis
Sound Engineers: Yannis Likos – Manolis Papadakis
Lighting: Yannis Giannikakis
• Music ensemble “Byzantine Dance of Chania”
• A group of dancers from the Pelasgio Sports and Dance Club
• A group of pupils – actors from the “Theatre workshop” by Maria Lekaki
Source: Flash News