The cultural association “FRIENDS OF LITERATURE AND THE ARTS” invite you this winter to the great tribute to Asian Cinema .
The first cycle of screenings (November-December 2021) includes five films that will be presented in the main hall of the Cultural Centre, Andrea Papandreou 74, Chania.
The launch will take place on Sunday,14th November:
First screening: 19.00-21.00pm
Second Screening: 21.30-23.30pm
- COLOURS OF PARADISE (IRAN, 1999, 90 ‘) by Majid Majidi (Sunday, 14th November)
The story of Mohammed, a blind Iranian boy and his father, Hashem, who is always oscillating between accepting his son as he is and abandoning him, as he represents a burden for him, after the loss of his wife.
- TOGETHER NEVER (TURKEY-GERMANY, 2004, 121 ‘) by Fatih Akin (Sunday, 21st November)With the intention to break free from the strict familial restrictions, a suicidal young woman sets up a marriage of convenience with a forty-year-old addict, an act that will lead to an outburst of envious love
- TULPAN (KAZAKHSTAN-GERMANY, 2008, 100 ‘) by Sergey Vladimirovich Dvortsevoy (Sunday 28 November)
- THE LUNCHBOX (INDIA-FRANCE-GERMANY-USA-CANADA, 2013, 104 ‘) by Ritesh Batra (Sunday, 5th December)
- 3-IRON / Empty House (SOUTH KOREA, 2004, 89 ‘) by Kim Ki-duk (Sunday, 12th December)
All necessary protection measures against Covid will be observed.
Source: zarpanews.gr, Cultural Centre Chania