Restrictions for Greek Easter
– no travel is allowed between regions
– 10pm-5am curfew for Holy Week starting on Monday, April 26
– 10pm-5am curfew on Easter Sunday (May 2)
– 11pm-5am curfew from May 3
Greek Easter at church
– Easter Resurrection (Anastasi) celebrations this year will be held at 9pm instead of the traditional midnight service
– worshippers are advised to visit churches in their neighborhood
– all clergy are required to self-test
– seating inside churches allows one person per every 20 square meters and no more than 100 worshippers at one time
– all services through to Holy Friday will be held ½ an hour earlier
– there will be no “epitaphios” procession around the neigborhoods as traditionally held on Holy Friday – just the service
– all worshippers are advised to wear two masks at all times
– only members of two families will be allowed to gather for Easter Sunday dinner and no more than nine people indoors and 12 people outdoors. Family members are advised to self-test.
Back to Life in May
– Restaurants, cafes and bars are scheduled to re-open only outdoors with distancing rules on May 3 with an 11pm-5am curfew. All F&B services employees are required to self-test.
– All schools will open on May 10 with self-testing for students and teachers
– Greece opens to all international travelers with proof of vaccination or negative PCR test result conducted 72 hours before arrival on May 15
– Greeks will be allowed to travel domestically on May 15
– A number of cultural activities will begin on May 15.