- The questionnaire is mandatory for a domestic ferry trip within Greece, lasting more than 30 minutes.
- A similar questionnaire must be filled out by passengers and crew members before boarding ships that operate he Greece- Italy routes.
Passengers will have to hand in their questionnaires to crew members of the ships they board.
If a questionnaire reveals that a passenger has been exposed to a Covid-19 patient (in any of the ways described in it) in the last 14 days before travel, or if a passenger shows symptoms, boarding will not be allowed.
All questionnaires will be kept by the coastal shipping companies for two months from the date received, in accordance with the personal data protection legislation (GDPR).
To avoid any inconvenience ferry passengers are requested to have boarded at least one hour before departure .
The questionnaires can also be downloaded from the official website of the Greek Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Insular Policy or obtained from travel agencies and shipping companies.
Source: gtp.gr (19th May)
TRAVELLING BY SHIP (efsyn.gr):
the measures below will be in force from Monday, 18th May until 15th June in coastal transport and maritime tourism, announced by the Ministry of Shipping.
A) Instructions for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 cases in passenger and passenger-vehicle ferries under the Greek flag. The instructions will be applicable from 18.05.2020 to 15.06.2020 and mainly concern:
1. Determining the maximum number of passengers – 50% of the total number of passengers specified in the ship’s safety certificate, or 55% if cabins are available.
2. Temperature measuring and completion of a special health status questionnaire before boarding the ship (see above).
3. The maintenance of a distance of 1.5 meters during boarding, disembarkation and in all areas of the ship.
4. The use of each cabin by one person, unless it is a family (first degree relatives), so it can be up to 4 people, or disabled with their companion.
5. The use of masks (fabric is recommended) by passengers and crew members.
6. Temperature measuring and submission of a special health declaration, before departure, for the passengers of international ships on the Greek-Italian lines.
7. Informing the passengers about the measures with a printed EODY leaflet, as well as informative spots and audio messages.
8. Special crew training.
9. The application of rules of personal hygiene and protection and the existence of antiseptic stations in various parts of the ship.
10. Ship cleaning and disinfection,
11. Management of a suspicious incident (isolation in a special area, disembarkation at the next port which has the necessary capacity , tracking of contacts, etc.),
12. Rules of operation of passenger service points (bars, restaurants, dining rooms),