The KISSAMOS CULTURAL FESTIVAL opens its doors again:
traditional Cretan products, folk art of professional producers exhibit their products, presenting tradition, taste and the uniqueness of Cretan products. Artists, cooperatives, producers and cultural associations with 48 stalls participate in the Festival.
Cultural events will take place every evening.
WHEN: 10th – 18th August daily 18.00 – 23.30
Opening: 10th August 20.00
WHERE:Kissamos Beach next to Municipal Parking.
Admission is free to the public.
10th August – opening:
♣ Speech of the Mayor.
Music and dance night:
♣ Musical ensemble: Anagnostakis Dimitris Lyra, Bariotakis Michalis, Katakis Ioannis, Giannakis Theodoros.
Folklore dance performance: Dance Club Kissamos
Sunday, 11th August 21.00 Music and folklore dance:
• Music by Stelios Vamvakis
• Dance School ZALOS
Monday 12th August 21.00
• CHORUS and MANDOLINATA Chania under the direction of Mr. Antonios Kostourakis.
Tuesday,13th August 21.00
• “Erotokritos and Aretousa” : A music and dance performance inspired by the epic of Vitsentos Kornaros.
• Orphanoudaki Evangelia, musical accompaniment by Fanourakis Alekos (lute)
• Music group Tsantakis Georgios, violin, Michelakis Manolis, violin, Eugenia Tolis, vocals
• Folkore dance and song performance by the traditional West Cretan group “Ονειροκρήτες”
Wednesday 14 August at 21:00
Music night with Manos Malaxianakis.
Thursday, 15th August 21.00
• Concert with the Freaktones
Friday, 16th August 20,30
• Honorary event for the teacher, author and historical researcher Manolis Konchilakis.
• Speaker Moudakis Michalis, teacher and former deputy mayor
Music and Dance Night:
• Michelakis Emmanouil and band
• Folklore dance performance:Dance Association «Γηγενής»
Saturday, 17th August 21.00
• Cretan folk night:
Participating: Pitopoulakis Manos, Mylonakis Giorgos, Stavroulakis Vaso, Zolotas Giannis, Antonyoudakis Dimitris, Titomichelakis Stelios, Kostogiannis Manos
• Dance: Girls’ High School, Folklore Club Chania
Sunday, 18th August 21.00
Music and Dance Night (Laiki & Cretan)
• Giannis Menegakis and band.
• Dance Club “Kissamos”