A guided electric bike ride from Kissamos to Polyrrinia and other traditional villages.
A medium distance, circular route to the hills, through old villages and to the ancient city of Polyrrinia.
We provide: electric bikes, helmets, the route, guidance and assistance.
Destination: Kalathenes – Polyrrinia
Date: Sunday 12th May, 10am
Meeting point: Venizelos square, Kissamos
Estimated time: 2 hours on the bike, 3-4h total
Route: Kissamos – Kalathenes – Polyrrinia – Kissamos
Estimated difficulty level: 1/5
Sfinari e-bike ride programme:
- 10am: start from Kastelli (Kissamos)
- Ride 1 hour uphill to Kalathenes on small, quiet country roads
- Short break in the village of Tsikalaria
- Enjoy the low effort ride while admiring the scenery
- Ride ½ hour across the valleys to Polyrrinia
- Break at old cafe in Polyrrinia and optional visit to hilltop ruins
- Ride ½ downhill back to Kissamos, still surprised by how beautiful, easy and close to nature riding a bike uphill can be!
Here’s a chance to try electric bikes while exploring the traditional villages inland of Kissamos.
This is an easy cycling route of medium length with some slope, good views and picturesque routes. It does involve a couple of hours of pedalling, at reduced effort thanks to the electric motor.
We have some brand-new electric assisted mountain bikes that make cycling on mountainous Crete possible even to the non-fanatic cyclists among us!
We will be cycling exclusively on quiet, paved roads.
You bring with you: a day backpack with water, a snack or some cash for the taverna, sun cream.
Tour promotional price: 25€/person. Limited places.
Reservation required: email@example.com or +30 6944413919
For more details and other electric bike rides in Kissamos:
Event organisers: Fit in Crete